Monday, December 8, 2008

Billy Connoly and Aaron Hawkins

Louise and I were wandering around Melbourne and ended up in this square that 4 different theatres opened onto, and the stairs to Flinders Station also opened into this area. We were sitting on the stairs and Billy Connoly appeared on a stage and started doing a show. He had his long crazy hair but it was incredibly thin. After the show Louise went up to talk to him and he did a whole other show just for us and these two other girls.
After the 2nd show the girls invited us up to 'the power station', which was apparently the cool place to hang. We didn't understand why adn kept asking what we could do there, and after thinking for a long time the girl said we could have really long showers, as long as we wanted. We didn't go.
Next thing I know I was up at Radio1, however it was a house, but still Radio1, with Hope, who was doing a show and dedicating a song to everyone we know. During a long string of songs she took me into this other room to show me this new idea her and Aaron Hawkins had. They had a really noisey battery powered trainset and planned on making a whole new radio station that was just the noises of the trainset constantly on and occasional voiceovers of train related sayings. I was impressed (god knows why). The three of us continued to play with the trains for a long long time. Hope continued doing her show from this room with a portable microphone. She let me do a voice break and I was well chuffed. But she wouldn't let Aaron so he sulked.

No comments: