Monday, December 15, 2008

Our Show!

Last night i dreamt we were meeting up at a library to start working on our show, the library was very much like a primary school library with very low desks. All 5 of us were there, and our secretary who was taking the minutes and performing the tasks of scribe. \
After very little time I had to go outside for a second, where i was promptly roped in to helping my old dance teacher, Robyn Sinclair, set up the stage for the end of year concert that was to be that after noon.
After helping for about 2minutes I was standing out the front of the auditorium and a car stopped outside, the girl who was driving was a girl from my high school who has just become engaged and I was very intruiged about this so got n the car to chat. When I had finished challing i realised she had driven to the top of a hill that was all feilds of burnt grass. I got out of the car because she had to go home, yet I had no idea where I was. I went up the street a little and there were 2 houses, one was brand new and empty with hundreds of red 'for sale' signs all around it. Further up the street was the second house and it looked all decrepit and scary so i walked back down the hill to hitch back to our meeting.
On arriving back in Dunedin i noticed you were all handing out posters for our show, everyone was standing around Queens Gardens and handing out posters to moving vehicles. No one was taking them because they were driving. I walked further up the street and started handing them out to cars that had stopped at the lights. No one else saw any merit in this approach.
The posters: They were A4, and had pictures of cartoon babies on them, and were all printed in gold. However Luci was very disappointed because it was only glazed in gold apparently instead of being printed in real gold.
After a while we were done handing out posters and all went home.
When I got there I checked my emails and had one from our secretary, she had emailed the minutes to me and the copy of the first scene you guys had all drafted without me. I felt sad that I had missed it for such a stupid reason.

2 comments:

Kitty said...

This is an awesome dream Jenface.

aLiCe said...

Real gold posters?! I love it!!