Sunday, January 4, 2009

two dreams

first dream:

was at my dad and my stepmum's. they'd bought me an old four square dairy which was damn cool, but they were also wanting to sell their house and needed me to do stuff to it, like rearrange the furniture and replace the tiles in the bathroom which had become super sodden and felt like sponges. I however, have no idea of how to tile, and was also on my way to go and do other things, and i got mad at them, because I knew I'd asked previously if they wanted my help with the house and they'd said no so I had committed to other things, and now there was no way I could put them at my number one priority and I felt furious that they'd try and make me help out and in doing so, let down other people I'd agreed to help.

I yelled at dad and realised my little sister was in the room and looked frightened of me so I told her it was all right, I was just angry at dad, turned to him and finished my rant then went to find a bathroom to cool myself down in. Came out of the bathroom, and saw sacha standing in the doorway (was also her room) she saw me and looked terrified and screamed and ran away - I felt really guilty and ashamed for yelling at dad in front of her and making her scared of me.

dream two:

i'd been in korea with the intention of teaching english, somehow i'd lost my passport, but still had a drivers license and a passport photo in my wallet which seemed to be doing me all right. Came back to New Zealand, I think it was meant to be for christmas or some crap. Found myself walking up george street holding a mannequin with my clothes on it. Thought, this is bollocks, stopped in a second hand store to take my shite off the dummy and then give the dummy to the store. Turned out Vicki worked there and she insisted I come to Leilana's mum's house for Lei's birthday party.

Lei's mum's house is out where cherry farm used to be, and it is massive. In the dream, it was really opulent for the most part - paintings on all the walls and stupidly thick carpet. Lei showed me her room which was like a huge old hotel suite with a courtyard garden growing in the room.

We went into another room where a whole lot of guests were. they had cigarettes in cigarette holders only half of them were smoking joints instead of tobacco. we were in a circle and the smoke was passed around. i kept taking drags, one time I smoked the whole lot in one inhale and felt embarrassed for being greedy, but it hadn't felt like much. A couple of times I'd be talking and not realise I had one in my hands. Once, I had my eyes closed and opened them, seeing that I had a joint and puffed quickly before passing on. I was struggling to stay awake, feeling jet lagged and seedy. The house had gotten dark and I struggled to see things from this point onwards.

I went into the bathroom to freshen up, splash some water on my face. I tried to turn on the lights but they were all out. It was a bathroom with a number of stalls in it, and I managed to turn on a light in one of those. The bathroom was disgusting when it was illuminated - broken toilets seats, flooded stalls, toilet paper everywhere and mildew up the walls. I'd put my bag down and I could now see that it was directly under a broken pipe and had filled my bag with water.

I left the bathroom and went to empty my bag out in leilana's courtyard bedroom.

jump in memory... there were a whole lot of other rooms at the back of the house that were being used to store stuff. It was like being in a department store, only nothing had price tags on it, there was no staff, and no security. People started to steal stuff. I saw one girl snatch a bag and confronted her about it, she sneered and tried to get past me, I smacked her in the face with my sodden bag and then dragged her by her hair towards the party. I was really mad because Lei and her family are awesome, and stealing from a person is never right, especially when they've let you into their house in a spirit of trust and friendship. Being envious of possessions doesn't give you the right to take them.

The stealing intensified and I found myself chasing mobs and gangs of theives instead of individuals. mostly they were masked. I caught up to one group as they were taking their masks off and saw maria and raff and got really upset and explained to them why what they were doing was so shit. they agreed and put back all the stuff they'd nicked, looking very contrite, and helped me round up the other thieves.

No comments: