Sunday, November 23, 2008

My autistic little brother

I had a dream a few nights ago where I got sucked into my little brothers body and everything looked really strange. There were like disembodied horses heads everywhere that had these big crazy grins on their faces, and swirls of colour that just went floating through the air. In any case, earlier in the dream, Zac (my little brother) had gone missing and we'd been running around searching for him. I was quite frantic at the idea of him being lost. We eventually found him in an empty pool that had been full of people a few minutes ago. We found out that people had been going missing, and that aliens (who looked like R2D2s but with big long arms with pincers on them, like the robot in lost in space) were responsible.

I didn't know if the aliens were eating people or just kidnapping them, but there was a really menacing feeling, and it was bout now that I got merged with my little brother. Aliens started attacking and I could see these shadows in the distance of the long pincer arms waving around, and of screams suddenly stopping. I ran.

Somehow I deduced that aliens wouldn't attack you if you were connected to nature somehow. I think that I reasoned that Zac was left alone because he'd stayed underwater in the pool when everyone else tried to get out and run. So I found a tree and climbed it, willing myself to be a part of the tree. Anthony arrived and drunkenly tried to climb the tree but he ended up just breaking it in half. Zac/Me was furious that he'd destroyed our hiding spot and tried to strangle him to get him to shut up (he kept burbling on about the aliens and trying to hide) using the branches but we couldn't because we're only 6 years old. He was lying on the ground gurgling when the aliens arrived, they went over to him and killed him. I was horrified despite trying to do the same a few minutes ago. They left me alone. This is because I was merged with Zac and they thought I was an alien too.

I ran back to the house looking for people but I couldn't find anyone. Kind of in shock, I went into the kitchen and found Boof standing there dripping wet. He'd been hiding in the shower and they hadn't found him, the same way they hadn't found Zac. I hugged him for a good five minutes, when I looked around again, there were more survivors who had all hidden in water (seems like that was the best plan).

This is when I woke up.

No comments: